Best CBD Oil for Anxiety: Benefits and Top Brands for 2021
Anxiety in itself isn’t anything bad. In fact, it’s a healthy reaction that humans have developed over the course of evolution as a protective mechanism against other predators.
Also known as the “fight or flight response,” anxiety can happen from time to time and is completely normal.
However, modern times are putting so much pressure on our shoulders that we are driven into anxiety on a daily basis—even though we face no life-threatening dangers.
Plants and herbs are known for their relaxing properties, but cannabis plants seem extremely helpful in curbing symptoms of anxiety and other stress-related disorders.
But how to find a high-quality product if you’ve never bought CBD oil before? How do you find a reputable brand in the sea of mediocre companies?
5 Best CBD Oils for Anxiety
In this guide, you’ll learn about the best CBD brands on the market today and everything you need to know about the benefits of CBD for anxiety disorders.
After hours of research, we’ve narrowed down this list to the top five vendors so you wouldn’t have to spend the same amount of time comparing prices, reading reviews and trying out all possible CBD oils
Check out the recommendations below.
1. Royal CBD – Top Pick
Our top pick, Royal CBD is a premium brand rooted in California that offers excellent value for money. Considering the wide potency selection of their CBD oil, the way the company processes its products and the effort put into testing its CBD range, it’s hands down top shelf.
Royal CBD oil is available in four strengths: 250 mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg and 2500 mg. Such a wide range of potency options makes this oil suitable for both new and experienced consumers alike.
This is a full-spectrum extract, so you’re getting the entire array of non-psychoactive cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids and only trace amounts of THC (below 0.3%).
Unlike many competitor brands, Royal CBD uses carbon dioxide in its supercritical form to extract the CBD oil. The CO2 runs through the plant material under different temperatures and pressure levels, changing its state from gas to liquid. From there, it diffuses into the air, leaving behind a cold, liquid extract.
All Royal CBD products are submitted to independent laboratories for extensive content analysis to ensure they’re safe to consume. The company also offers free shipping, as well as full refunds, for customers who aren’t satisfied with the product.
2. Gold Bee – Runner Up
Gold Bee is a true maverick among other CBD brands. The company offers organic-only CBD oils made from locally sourced hemp grown in Colorado. Although Gold Bee focuses on low-to-mid potency oils (up to 1200 mg of CBD per bottle), their formula has been mastered to perfection.
The guys at Gold Bee even use honey as a sweetener in their flavored versions of CBD oil. If you’re new to CBD, or have some experience but don’t need more than 40 mg CBD daily, their oils are among the best natural remedies for stress. You can also choose from Gold Bee’s high-potency capsules and delicious CBD-infused honey sticks.
3. CBDistillery – Runner Up
CBDistillery has been on the market for about six years now, upholding its reputation as one of the best CBD brands in the world. The company has an impressive selection of CBD oils, available as full-spectrum or pure oil (isolate).
You can choose from five different strengths, from 250 mg to 5000 mg of total CBD. But the best part about CBDistillery is that its products are highly affordable. The company’s mission is to provide education and access to CBD products for everyone who needs them. For example, the 250 mg bottle costs only $20, which is a great deal. For $240, you can get your hands on the maximum potency.
The only downside about this oil is that it’s not made from organic hemp, but considering the affordability of CBDistillery products, this is a minor disadvantage.
All in all, CBDistillery doesn’t sell the best CBD oil out there, but its extracts are without parallel in this price category.
4. NuLeaf Naturals
NuLeaf CBD oil is another veteran company, but unlike CBDistillery, it only makes full-spectrum CBD oil. Despite the modest product line up, the quality of the NuLeaf Naturals CBD oil is top-notch.
The oil is available in different sizes, from 240 mg to 4850 mg. We say “sizes” because each “potency” comes in a different bottle size. You actually get the same strength regardless of the size, so your choice here will be determined by the time you want to get yourself supplied for.
Another great thing about NuLeaf Naturals is that it uses organic hemp for all of its products. Each batch is tested by a certified lab to ensure that they deliver consistent potency and desired effects.
The oil is slightly bitter and nutty in taste because it uses full-spectrum CBD.
5. Charlotte’s Web
Charlotte’s Web is an almost legendary company, established by the Stanley Brothers, whose cannabis oil helped young girl Charlotte Figi come down from several seizures a day to a few attacks a month.
Charlotte’s Web CBD oil is certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority, ensuring it meets the highest quality standards.
The company’s products come from organic, non-GMO plants and are extracted with olive oil.
The oil is available in three concentrations, 300 mg, 750 mg, and 2580 mg, so the potency range is similar to Royal CBD. It has a dark green color and viscous consistency, which is a good indicator of its strength and overall quality.
You can choose between 30 ml and 100 ml bottles.
Almost every list of the best CBD oils on the market includes CBDPure. Unsurprisingly, we won’t break that pattern.
CBDPure is known for producing high-quality CBD products as well as unparalleled transparency. The CBDPure Hemp Oil has been extracted with CO2 and thoroughly filtered from the plant material, so it has a nice golden yellow color. However, it tastes surprisingly tart—a bit worse than other brands.
You can choose between three different strengths: 100 mg, 300 mg and 600 mg. The lowest potency provides 3.3 mg of CBD per serving. However, these are full-spectrum oils, so you get the synergistic effects from all cannabinoids and terpenes—resulting in lower effective doses.
What Is Anxiety?
As mentioned at the beginning, anxiety is a normal human response to dangerous stimuli. The “flight-or-flight” response covers an array of physical reactions, such as a rush of adrenaline, sweating, increased heartbeat and sensitivity to environmental triggers.
When the anxious feeling gets exaggerated compared to the seriousness of the trigger, the anxiety may turn into an anxiety disorder.
Once at that stage, the anxiety deteriorates to the point when a person’s daily function and mental health are heavily affected.
Common Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are four main types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is a chronic ailment in which people get anxious for no specific reasons. It’s considered the most common anxiety disorder.
- Phobias: Phobias induce overwhelming fear about a specific situation or object. They often prevent people from engaging in normal situations due to that fear.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This condition usually occurs when a person is among other people. It triggers an overwhelming worry about social interactions, causing fixation on being judged.
- Panic Disorder: Panic attacks strike randomly and are accompanied by symptoms like breathing difficulty, shaking, dizziness, tremors, confusion and nausea. It can last anywhere between a few minutes to an hour.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
Wondering how to tell if you’re suffering from one of the above anxiety disorders? Below we share the full list of symptoms:
- Dry mouth
- Inability to stay calm
- Feelings of insecurity
- Heart palpitations
- Sleep problems
- Somatic complaints
- Tense muscles
What Causes Anxiety?
Anxiety disorders are very complex. Usually, there are several factors involved, including:
If you have a family member diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, there’s a risk that you may develop the same condition.
Changes in Brain Structure
Suffering from a traumatic events or genetic changes of the brain may cause an overexaggerated response to potentially neutral triggers. Scientists suggest that the majority of anxiety disorders derive from compromised communication between neurons.
Certain elements of your environment can worsen your anxiety. Some of the stress-inducing factors include chronic stress at work, at school or even at home. Sometimes, things like a bad financial situation or the loss of someone who was very close to you can also contribute to this medical condition.
When you don’t get enough sleep, it can also make your anxiety worse.
Just as traveling to high altitude areas, where the brain gets affected by low oxygen levels.
Sometimes, anxiety can result from another medical condition, prescription medications or health supplements you’re taking, or any other disease than can either change the structure of your brain or cause you to suffer from severe stress.
Can CBD Oil Help With Anxiety?
Dealing with anxiety can be a real pain.
For one, conventional anxiety treatments are very expensive, and their cost is continuously rising. If you want to get those meds prescribed to you, you’ll have to cover the cost by yourself before the insurance covers some part of it.
Not to mention that many prescription drugs used to manage anxiety can lead to a range of negative side effects. Don’t take our word for it, just see the list of contraindications or possible negative reactions on any popular medication, and you’ll see that it’s worse than what they’re trying to solve.
Of course, if you’re meds are helping you, and you don’t feel the need to make any changes, that’s fine. But some people either can’t take medications due to allergies or their anxiety just isn’t bad enough to qualify for prescription treatment.
It’s no wonder that some anxiety sufferers are turning to natural resources for relief.
CBD oil is one of them.
But the question is: Can CBD actually help with anxiety?
Research and a large portion of evidence from people with anxiety suggests that CBD oil may even be a better alternative to pills and shots for anxiety. Compared with those options, CBD oil has a low risk profile and the side effects are nearly nonexistent unless taken in extremely high doses.
How Does CBD Work?
Why is CBD oil a good option to consider as an alternative anxiety treatment?
Because CBD regulates the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is the most important neurochemical network inside the body—it controls vital functions, such as memory, mood, sleep, immune response, cognition, appetite, pain and more.
When the body is in homeostasis—a fancy word for chemical balance—it can stay in good health.
However, if there are imbalances in your neurochemicals, they may give rise to anxiety. It also works the other way round; when you suffer from a traumatic event, your receptors and neurons get out of whack, and your body starts to seek something that would restore that balance.
This is where CBD starts to shine.
CBD and the 5-HT1A Receptor
CBD is a 5-HT1A agonist. In other words, 5-HT1A works a serotonin receptor and is responsible for the way your body absorbs serotonin.
It’s also the target of the most popular antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs, which belong to the group of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).
SSRIs can block the reuptake of serotonin, increasing the brain’s ability to transfer more signals, improve mood and curb anxiety. CBD has a similar effect on 5-HT1A.
CBD and Hippocampal Neurogenesis
Your hippocampus is the region in your brain that modulates several functions. One of them is the ability to regenerate neurons. CBD can help stimulate the hippocampus and thus improve its functioning.
This is particularly important for patients diagnosed with anxiety, as they often show smaller hippocampus plasticity. By stimulating the regeneration of neurons, there’s a chance that fearful behaviors will be minimized.
CBD and GABA
Australian scientists have found that CBD is a “positive allosteric modulator” of the GABA-A receptor in the brain.
In simple terms, GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the human central nervous system. It works as the handbrake for our brain to slow the nervous system down when we get too agitated. The sedating effects of Valium and other benzodiazepines are triggered by their interaction with the GABA-A receptor.
By modulating this receptor, CBD can amplify the natural calming effect of GABA and reduce anxiety.
CBD and Anandamide
Anandamide is one of the two main endocannabinoids (produced inside your body). It has almost the same structure as THC, the main psychoactive compound in cannabis.
Anandamide is also known as “the bliss molecule,” as it controls feelings of happiness, euphoria, and keeps us in emotional stability—on top of many other functions. CBD helps keep the levels of anandamide at the right level, reducing mood swings and emotional outbursts.
Studies on CBD Oil and Anxiety
Anxiety is one of the best studied areas when it comes to using CBD oil.
A 2010 study on social anxiety showed that CBD has the potential to reduce symptoms in people diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder. The substance also changed the way the patients reacted to anxiety—of course, in a positive way.
In a 2014 study, scientists concluded that CBD has anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects. Although the study was conducted on rat models, it gave an interesting insight into the management of anxiety disorders in humans.
CBD was also highlighted in this 2015 report published in Neurotherapeutics as the next potential treatment for anxiety disorders and its symptoms.
It’s worth noting that all of the above studies examined high-quality pure CBD oil. This is particularly important for our next section.
What Determines the Quality of CBD Oil?
CBD oil isn’t regulated by the FDA in the United States. Even though it may be more effective in managing anxiety disorders than conventional treatment options, it’s still considered a health supplement—not a medication.
Similar to other food supplements, it may be difficult for consumers to know if the CBD oil they’re using is actually pure.
You could be taking CBD-laced oil full of synthetic additives and you wouldn’t even know it because supplements aren’t subject to obligatory lab testing, unlike prescription anxiolytics.
If you want to make sure that you’re getting exactly what you’re buying, you’ll need to learn how your oil was manufactured. This includes the following elements:
Cannabis plants have the ability to absorb anything from their environment. When grown in contaminated soil and treated with pesticides, they will yield weak and contaminated extracts.
If you want a pure and potent oil, always buy from companies that use organic hemp plants, preferably those cultivated on American farms.
Brands have different extraction methods and ways of processing CBD extracts. As much as possible, choose brands that employ supercritical CO2 extraction, as it’s considered the safest and the most effective way to obtain CBD oil.
Avoid companies that use toxic solvents such as butane or propane, as they carry a high risk of contamination due to the unpurged residue at the bottom of the oil.
Third-Party Lab Tests
Trustworthy CBD oil brands should proudly publish third-party lab results on their websites or attach them to the product’s package. Third-party testing ensures that your oil contains exactly what’s written on its bottle—they analyze the potency of CBD and look for common contaminants in the end product.
Getting a CBD product tested by an independent laboratory will serve as evidence of its quality.
How to Use CBD Oil for Anxiety
One of the most common questions about using CBD oil for anxiety is “How much CBD oil should I take?”
There are no official guidelines because everybody reacts differently to CBD. Factors such as the individual’s age, weight, severity of symptoms and lifestyle choices can affect your effective dose.
Dosing CBD oil for the first time requires some trial and error. For maximum safety, consider the following steps:
- Take basic measurements such as your weight and height.
- Determine the severity of your anxiety on a scale from 1 to 10.
- Start your supplementation with one drop of CBD oil.
- Increase your dosage slowly by, say, two drops each day for a few weeks and write the effects down. Monitor how you react to CBD with every single dose.
- Don’t rush it. Sometimes, the effects of CBD are almost immediate, but for most people, dramatic changes in the way you feel become noticeable after a few days or weeks.
- Consult your doctor before buying any CBD product. This will help you make sure that there are no drug interactions between CBD and other medications if you take them together.
- A study on social anxiety reports that 600 mg is an effective dose in relieving the condition. However, there are also studies that recommend taking much lower doses to improve the symptoms.
- If you suffer from severe pain and sleep problems , you may need to take higher doses of CBD because it affects these areas of your well-being as well.
- Some people dislike the taste of CBD oil and feel uncomfortable with taking the supplement in this form. If you’re one of them, opt for other formats, such as capsules, vape oils, or CBD gummies .
Possible Side Effects of CBD Oil
CBD oil is considered generally safe and poses no threat of addiction, according to the World Health Organization.
The side effects of CBD oil are mild and include:
- Dry mouth
- Temporary drop in blood pressure
- Sedation (in high doses)
- Diarrhea (from large amounts of oil)
The main risk about using CBD oil for anxiety is the lack of regulation by the FDA. Without regulation, you’re putting yourself at risk of exposing yourself to synthetic cannabinoids or toxic additives in your extract without even knowing it.
Another potential concern is the aforementioned interaction between CBD and medical drugs. CBD engages with them in a similar fashion as grapefruit juice. With that in mind, we suggest that you talk to your doctor first, particularly if you have any other ongoing medical conditions.
If your doctor gives you the green light, you can start looking for CBD oil online or locally.
Final Thoughts on Using CBD Oil for Anxiety
Managing anxiety with CBD oil has become popular these days. With a growing body of evidence backing the positive effects of CBD on an individual’s mental health, it’s not surprising that more and more people are turning to CBD for help.
If you’re planning to buy CBD oil online or in local shops near you for your anxiety symptoms, make sure it comes from a reputable brand that’s open about its manufacturing practices and has lots of positive reviews.
CBD oil is also effective in managing other functions, such as blood pressure, sleep cycle and glucose levels.
It’s a good choice if you want to live a healthy and happy life.
We hope that you’ll find this guide useful for your future purchases!
Thousands of people use CBD oil to fight stress and anxiety. If you’re looking for the best CBD oil to ease your symptoms, then this guide is for you.
Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression: Top 5 Brands of 2021
People with anxiety and depression face an everyday battle. Battling the condition is tough, and not all medications work. Each person experiencing anxiety and depression is different, and what works for one person may not work for you.
Even in recent research, anxiety and depression are still in the dark. Multiple things can trigger a panic attack, and it can hinder your daily life and activities. Different types of therapies, treatment, and, most importantly, time are needed for battling these conditions.
However, many people find that conventional medicines are not as effective for them. A lot of people suffering from anxiety and depression find other alternative medicine to help deal with their condition.
CBD products have recently been growing in popularity amongst users when it comes to dealing with anxiety. The calming effects of CBD may be beneficial for anyone experiencing anxiety. Aside from its effectiveness, it is generally safe and has not been associated with major side effects.
However, if you are just starting with CBD, it can be intimidating, which might even cause more anxiety. This article will go in-depth about all the information you might need when it comes to using CBD for your anxiety or depression.
Top 5 CBD Oils for Anxiety
Criteria for Choosing CBD Oil for Anxiety
Not all CBD Oils are created equal and finding a high-quality brand can be challenging. However, you can follow some simple criteria when you search for the CBD Oil brand you want.
- Hemp Farm: When you are buying any CBD product, you should always search for the brand’s Hemp Farm. Check where they get their hemp and make sure it comes from either the United States or Europe. Hemp farms from both the United States and Europe have strict regulations to follow, ensuring your hemp extract is safe and does not contain more than 0.3% THC levels.
- CBD Extraction: Depending on your preference, you may want to check the brand’s CBD Extraction type as well. Full-spectrum CBD extracts contain all the necessary terpenes and other useful cannabinoids for your body. Most Full-spectrum CBD extracts contain less than 0.3% THC. Meanwhile, broad-spectrum also contains other useful cannabinoids, but it does not contain any trace of THC. And lastly, Isolates do not contain anything else aside from CBD.
- Potency Levels: The CBD Product’s potency level affects its effectiveness. The higher a CBD’s potency level is, the more effective it is. However, people new to CBD are recommended to choose a lower potency level and adjust it. You may want to choose a CBD oil that has varying potencies so you can adjust your dosage.
- Size Options: Depending on how frequently you use CBD oils, you may want varying size options. Tinctures typically come in 30ml sizes, but if you prefer a larger sized tincture, you can choose brands that offer up to 60 ml sizes.
- Flavor: Not everyone likes the taste of hemp, and that is alright. Some people prefer a sweet aroma and taste, and some prefer tangy and fruity. A CBD oil’s flavor and scent can make or break the experience for a person. A brand that has a lot of flavor options may be suitable for people who prefer flavored oils.
- Components: Like most foods, we must consider the Components included in the CBD oil. Some oil contains additional Components that help improve the CBD’s effects. Check these Components and make sure that you are not allergic to any of them.
- Laboratory Testing: A quick way to make sure a product is of high-quality and premium is to make sure that they underwent independent laboratory testing to ensure no harmful chemicals or additives are on the final product.
- Reputation: Other criteria to keep in mind is the brand’s reputation. A brand’s reputation shows how many customers are satisfied with the brand’s claims and shows how effective a brand is. A loyal customer base means that most customers put their trust in that brand.
- Honesty: Another important factor when it comes to the best brands is their honesty. The brand that is willing to give all the information about their products and manufacturing methods to their customers is honest and trustworthy. After all, you deserve to know everything that goes into the food you consume, so you deserve to know the product’s information as well. Transparent and honest companies always provide their customers with accurate information about their CBD products.
- Customer Service: If you have any inquiries or questions, most companies have customer service that can assist you. A company having dedicated customer service will help you answer any question that is bugging your mind.
- Shipment and Return Policy: Brands with great refund and return policies are your go-to if you receive an incorrect or damaged order. Depending on the company’s policies, you may need to return the package as soon as you receive them. Choose companies that have reasonable return and refund policies. Check which countries and states the brand delivers as well. Depending on your location, you may need to have additional shipping fees. Other brands also offer promotional discounts for veterans and people with disabilities, so be sure to check the company’s policy about them.
- Navigation Experience: Finding the product you want to buy does not need to be challenging and confusing. A brand’s website must be comprehensive and concisely provides information about its products. It will also be useful if the brand provides the information and laboratory test results alongside the product information. Choose a brand that provides information in plain sight, where you can easily view and navigate through them, to make your shopping a pleasant experience.
Best CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression Online
1. Fab CBD Oil – Most Trusted by Customers
- Uses locally grown hemp from the United States
- Offers various potency levels and flavors
- Tested by third-party laboratories
- It is animal cruelty-free and no GMO
- It helps calm you down instantly
- CBD costs about $0.08 per mg of CBD
This brand has been in the industry for a few years now. Many customers trust their consistency when it comes to delivering high-quality CBD products. Their CBD uses naturally grown hemp and no other additives.
Fab CBD makes their customer’s satisfaction a priority. The brand is transparent, and all the information you need for the product is clearly seen. Fab CBD gives their customers consistently potent CBD products.
You are sure to find something that suits your needs because Fab CBD offers CBD products with varying potency and flavors.
Hemp Farm: Farms in Colorado, United States
CBD Extraction: Full-spectrum cannabinoid blend
Aroma and Flavor options:
- Natural flavor
- Colorado-grown hemp
- Full-spectrum CBD extract
- Organic flavoring
- Nutritional terpenes
- Healthy MCT
- THC Levels less than 0.3%
Third-party laboratory: ProVerde Laboratory
Shipment: All orders $89 and above within the United States ships for free
Refund policy: You can get a full refund on items you are not satisfied with for a month after purchase
User Experience: Fab CBD’s website is comprehensive and minimalistic. You can find all the information alongside each product and easily find the product you are looking for with no challenge.
2. Cheef Botanicals – Most Affordable
- CBD extract with less than 0.3% THC levels
- Organic components with no harmful additives
- Uses Co2 extraction process
- Great for handling depression
The founders of Cheef Botanicals have over twenty-five years of experience in the food industry. They have also been experienced hemp enthusiasts, and their popularity has since grown for providing one of the highest potency CBD oils in the market.
Cheef Botanicals is known to be one of the most honest and transparent brands because they let their customers know everything that happens with their products. You can also find information about CBD and how to use it for beginners.
Cheef Botanicals aims to provide people accurate information about CBD and change the stigma of the product. The CBD oils of Cheef Botanicals do not contain any additives and are completely vegan.
You can also find that the brand uses independent laboratories to test their final products for any hint of harmful chemicals or additives. You can find the laboratory results publicly listed on their website.
Hemp Farm: Cheef Botanicals sources their hemp on Colorado farms in The United States
CBD Extraction: Full-spectrum blend but no THC levels
Aroma and Flavor options: Only natural hemp flavor
- Carrier hemp oil
- Full-spectrum CBD extract
- Third-party laboratory: CannaSafe
Shipment: Any orders within the United States ships for free
Refund Policy: A month refund period after receiving the item
User Experience: Unique and comprehensive website, Cheef Botanicals has concise information about CBD and its products. You can view the laboratory results on their page as well.
3. Joy Organics – No Trace Of THC
- Varied CBD Products with no trace of THC
- Joy Organics offers different CBD forms and potencies
- Uses the latest technology called nanoemulsion for faster absorption
- CBD costs around $0.08 per mg
Joy Organics is most known for selling high-grade CBD products that do not contain any THC. The products come in multiple forms like tinctures and topicals.
The founders of Joy Organics want to cater to people who would not like to consume any trace of THC in their CBD products. They use the latest manufacturing process and technology to ensure that there is absolutely no THC in your CBD Extract.
Joy Smith, who is the founder of Joy Organics, has experienced anxiety and depression, and CBD products help her through the healing process. Now she aims to provide high-grade CBD products to help other people experiencing Anxiety and Depression.
Joy Organics uses naturally grown hemp. All the farming methods are natural and do not use any harmful pesticides. Afterward, they make sure that all the THC is extracted and only CBD extracts remain, giving premium broad-spectrum CBD Products to their customers.
You can also view the laboratory results of each product on their website. The brand also puts a QR code attached to the product itself to scan and view the results anytime. Joy Organics also uses a nanoemulsion technology to help improve CBD absorption in your body.
Hemp Farm: Local farms in Colorado, United States
CBD Extraction: Joy Organics uses broad-spectrum extracts for their CBD products
Aroma and Flavor options:
- Mint flavor
- Organic hemp
- Olive oil as a carrier oil
- Hemp with additional phytocannabinoids
- Mint flavoring
- Olive oil as a carrier oil
- Hemp with additional phytocannabinoids
- Natural essential oils (Peppermint-flavored)
- Lemon flavoring
- Healthy medium-chain triglycerides
- Hemp with additional phytocannabinoids
- Natural essential oils (lemon-flavored)
- Orange flavor
- Healthy medium-chain triglycerides
- Hemp with additional phytocannabinoids
- Natural essential oils (orange-flavored)
Third-party laboratory: Each product is tested by different laboratories to ensure no bias and ensure consistency.
- Botanacor Services
- Cloud Laboratories
- Green Scientific Laboratories
- PhytaTech Metrics & Solutions
- PIXIS Laboratories
Discount: Use the code ALLCBD15 to get 15% off your purchase.
Shipment: Joy Organics offers free shipping on any order no matter what item or total price value
Refund Policy: Joy Organics has a month of satisfaction guarantee for their items
User Experience: Joy Organics has a sleek and modern website design, giving their customers all the necessary and accurate information at first glance.
4. Nuleaf Naturals – Strongest CBD Potency
- Uses full-spectrum CBD extracts
- Varying size options and CBD potency levels
- Accurate dosage measurement
Nuleaf Naturals has been in the industry for a long time. The brand focuses on improving its CBD oil products to the highest grade. They have one of the purest and potent CBD oils on the market.
It has been about six years since the founders of Nuleaf Naturals started promoting CBD products. The founders are health-conscious advocates that believe CBD can help improve our overall health and wellbeing. The brand also encourages CBD as an excellent healthy alternative to dealing with anxiety and stress.
The CBD oils from Nuleaf Naturals are potent and pure, with no added pesticides or harmful additives. The hemp they use is organic and contains all the healthy terpenes and cannabinoids for your body.
Hemp Farm: Local farms in Colorado, United States
CBD Extraction: Pure and potent full-spectrum CBD extract
Aroma and Flavor options: Only unflavored option
- Natural hemp oil that is certified by the USDA
- Pure and potent full-spectrum CBD extract
- Third-party laboratory: ProVerde Laboratory
Discount: Use the code TCR20 to get 20% off your purchase
Shipment: Typical and Free shipping lasts for two to three days. The expedited option is typically one to two days.
Refund Policy: You can return any unopened products within a month of purchase. However, customers would shoulder any additional shipping costs.
User Experience: Nuleaf Naturals provides the necessary information and manufacturing processes on their products. You can also find blogs and articles about the latest information on CBD.
5. CBDistillery – Varied Options
- CBDistillery uses industrial and organically grown hemp from Colorado
- CBDistillery offers all types of CBD extraction types
- Uses latest Co2 extraction methods
- Affordable and gives great value
The founders of CBDistillery believe that all people should have access to high-grade, affordable CBD products. CBDistillery offers pure CBD Oils in different forms for different conditions.
CBDistillery has a variety of CBD products available. They are one of the brands that offer all types of CBD Extraction from full spectrum to Isolates. Some of their CBD oil tinctures also include additional ingredients like melatonin to help with other issues like sleep.
You can view all of the information about their CBD products on their website. CBDistillery also offers guides and podcasts explaining the benefits of CBD and its proper use for beginners to CBD products.
Hemp Farm: Uses organic hemp from Colorado, United States.
- Isolate CBD extract
- Full-Spectrum CBD extract
- Broad-Spectrum CBD extract
Aroma and Flavor options:
- Natural hemp flavored Isolates
- Natural hemp flavored full-spectrum CBD.
Isolate CBD Extract
- Healthy medium-chain triglycerides
- CBD extracted from Aerial parts of the hemp
Full-Spectrum CBD Extract
- Healthy medium-chain triglycerides
- Full-spectrum CBD extracted from Aerial parts of the hemp.
- CBD Isolates: Botanocor Services
- CBD Full spectrum: ProVerde Lab
Discount: Use code ALLCBD25 to get 25% off any purchase over $125.
Shipment: All orders within the United States are eligible for free shipping
Refund Policy: Any first-time customer has two months of satisfaction guarantee, but customers must try out the products for at least two weeks before returning. You do not have to return the product if you would like a refund if you are not satisfied.
User Experience: CBDistillery’s website has a modern and sleek look. You can find accurate information about how to use CBD, and they also have podcasts and articles explaining the benefits of CBD.
Factors We Considered in Choosing the Best CBD Oils for Anxiety & Depression
Most people still find difficulty in getting hold of high-grade CBD products. Some states still have strict regulations when it comes to CBD products. There are also brands that do not pass the proper THC level measurements.
Because there are no strict dosage recommendations, most people rely on experimenting with their dosages. Some of the brands offer recommended dosages for each of their products, but each individual’s body is ultimately different. Some people may experience side effects that others do not, so it is important to tread with caution.
We do not want you to have a horrible experience when it comes to CBD products. We only took into account the top five products that met all of our criteria and factors. These brands pass the industry’s standards and only use organic ingredients for your CBD oils.
Below are some of the steps we followed when it comes to creating this list:
- We took into account the research and claims of people who have years of experience in the CBD scene. Constant research about CBD is always emerging, and we took the advice of people who are knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to CBD products.
- Customer experience is another factor we considered when creating this list. Brands with satisfied customers earn a check on our list. We considered the brands that have a loyal customer base because it indicates that customers trust that brand.
- We also did proper research about the recent information and scientific research about CBD and CBD brands. CBD brands that use organic and effective ingredients earns another check on our list.
- Another factor we considered is the authenticity of the site. Multiple brands are not legitimate and provide products that can cause you harm. We do not want to endanger your health, so we made sure to remove any illegitimate brands.
- Lastly, we made sure that the brand’s claims are effective. We checked if each of the brand’s claims is backed by scientific research. We also made sure that the brand uses independent laboratory testing to check for any harmful chemicals in their final products.
CBD Oil in Anxiety Management
Millions of people suffer from anxiety. In fact, 40 million adults in the United States alone suffer from anxiety. About 18.1% of the American population suffer from Anxiety, making it one of the most common mental illnesses.
Recent research finds that our endocannabinoid system is responsible for multiple functions on our body like sleep, memory, and mood. A chemical imbalance in our endocannabinoid system can cause disruption to our mood, appetite, and even our wellbeing.
Our body produces its own cannabinoids to help our body function. However, if your body is not producing endocannabinoids, you may experience side effects like sleeplessness and a change in your mood and mental wellness.
Thankfully, you can supply your body with an external source of cannabinoids. CBD products help improve the state of our endocannabinoid system. The CBD attaches to our ECS receptors and helps our body function like normal.
You might think that CBD products may cause psychoactive effects like a hallucination. However, CBD is different from THC, which causes psychoactive effects on your body. For a CBD product to be legal to sell, it must not contain more than 0.3% THC levels.
We understand that there are a lot of conventional treatments for anxiety. However, it does not work for all people. Some people experience side effects that others do not. CBD oil is a safer alternative for people who would like to manage their anxiety because it does not cause any dependency.
Consuming CBD oil can help relax your nerves and calm you down. The relaxing effects of CBD can also help induce sleep if you are experiencing disruption to your sleep schedule.
How Does CBD Oil Manage Anxiety?
For CBD oil to work, it must go through our digestive system and interact with our endocannabinoid system. The CBD product attaches to our cannabinoid receptors and indirectly affects our body’s reaction to pain and other stress-related conditions.
There are different types of Anxiety, and each type may be because of different reasons:
- Some people experience general anxiety attacks that come without warning. These people have General Anxiety Disorder and usually worry about different things all the time. This condition can be acute or last multiple months.
- Other people have fear whenever they go into social situations. Going out to socialize or face the public, in general, can cause fear to people who have Social Anxiety.
- People also experience anxiety because of specific phobias. There hundreds of phobias and experiencing the phobia or being reminded of it can cause anxiety or an attack.
- Other people also experience severe panic attacks. This condition is called a Panic disorder, and the person can experience severe physical effects like nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.
- People who have obsessive-compulsive disorder often feel that they need to do an illogical thing or else it may endanger them. Not doing this thing may cause fear and anxiety in them.
- People who have Post-traumatic Disorder or PTSD experienced severely stressful situations in their lives. Sometimes people with PTSD may act erratic or violent whenever they are reminded of their trauma.
Why Is CBD Oil A Good Alternative?
Unlike other products that can cause dependencies and, ultimately, tolerance, CBD does not generally cause adverse side effects. CBD works indirectly by improving the status of our endocannabinoid system and managing bodily functions.
If you would like to try an alternative that does not cause psychoactive effects or dependencies, you can choose CBD oil.
What Makes CBD Different?
- CBD oil does not cause dependency.
- As long as you follow the right amount of dosage, you will not get addicted to CBD.
- CBD Oil does not form a tolerance on your body.
- CBD has low levels of THC, which prevents you from feeling any psychoactive effects.
- CBD oil works indirectly by attaching to our endocannabinoid receptors instead of directly to your nervous system.
Research on CBD And Anxiety
The research we will tackle in this section only talks about CBD products and not medical marijuana because medical marijuana has different components compared to CBD.
The Difference Between CBD And Medical Marijuana:
- CBD Products does not contain high levels of THC compared to medical marijuana
- The high THC levels of medical marijuana can cause psychoactive effects like hallucinations.
- High THC levels may worsen your Depression and Anxiety.
- You cannot avail of medical marijuana unless you are supervised by a medical professional
CBD Products do not contain THC levels more than 0.3% making them legal for use even without a prescription.
Studies on CBD and Anxiety
How to Use CBD Oil for Anxiety
You can choose from different forms of CBD Products on how you want to consume your CBD. There are capsules and gummy forms for people who prefer a sweet taste. However, the most effective method of administering CBD oil is by a tincture.
All you have to do is drop some oil under your tongue and hold it in there for a few seconds. Digest the CBD Oil and wait for the effects to kick in.
Different CBD Forms
- CBD Tinctures are most effective when it comes to administering CBD Oil. You only need to drop a few drops of CBD oil on your tongue and digest it. After a few minutes, the CBD will be digested, and you will instantly feel the effects.
- People who would like accurate measurements can take capsules and gummies. Gummies may come in lower doses but are perfect for people who do not like the hemp taste. All you need is to pop a pill and drink some water to get your CBD dose.
- Other people prefer to smoke their CBD oil using vapes or e-liquids. This method shows the best absorption rate for CBD. However, people who are suffering from lung disorders may need to avoid this method as it can irritate your lungs.
CBD Dosage for Anxiety
Every person is different. What works for you may not work for someone else. Just like in conventional treatments, CBD Dosage needs a lot of trial and error to get the formula right.
However, generally, people who are taking CBD for Anxiety and Depression do not need highly potent dosages. Most people would feel the calming effects of CBD with just a minimal dose. Those who are using CBD oil for pain or other issues may consider a stronger dosage.
Here are some factors you can consider when gauging how much CBD you can take for your mental wellness:
- Anxiety types
- Condition severity
- The dosage depends on your age as well.
- What is your gender?
- How well do you take CBD?
- What CBD form do you prefer?
- What is your ECS’ Chemical balance?
Even though CBD has numerous benefits, it is still not FDA-approved, and there is no strict dose on what works and what doesn’t. Most people feel the effects of CBD with just 2.85 mg to 50 mg of CBD per day.
You can also check the recommended dosage charts of some brands. Some brands provide the recommended dosage charts for their products and guide how you can calculate the right dosage for you.
New to CBD, people must always begin with a lower dose and work their way up depending on how their body responds. If you have underlying medical conditions, always consult your doctor before taking CBD products to ensure it does not interfere with other medications.
Conclusion: Should You Use CBD for Anxiety?
People with anxiety and depression may require a lot of time to heal. Some conventional treatments may not work for other people experiencing these conditions. Making sure you find the absolute best CBD oil can potentially be a difference maker for anxiety and depression.
CBD products are generally safe to use, as there have been no reports of major side effects. CBD products work indirectly by affecting our endocannabinoid system instead of the nervous system, making it better to uplift your mood.
However, not all CBD brands are created equal. Finding a good, trustworthy brand may be challenging. Always do proper research on the brand and check if it is a legitimate brand. Research the components of the CBD products as well.
If you have underlying medical conditions, always consult your doctor first before using CBD products to ensure that it will not cause any adverse side effects and be hazardous to your health.
People with anxiety and depression face an everyday battle. Battling the condition is tough, and not all medications work. Each person experiencing