Plus CBD Oil Is the Best Brand for Beginners—Here’s Why
The CBD market is a crowded place, and as someone who’s used various hemp products over the years, I’ve learned it’s hard to separate one product from the next. Many brands make the same claims about the effects of their products, and discerning the difference can be a tricky task when shopping online.
There are thousands of companies that cloud the hemp industry, making it difficult to figure out the good brands from the bad. As an average consumer, I made the mistake of not doing enough research the first time I tried CBD, and I ended up with a less-than-stellar product. Now, I make it a point to thoroughly evaluate CBD brands based on their hemp sourcing, lab test results, and my own experience when using their products.
Most recently, I’ve been using various Plus CBD products to support recovery and rest. I’ll get into my review of these products later on, but first, let me explain a bit more about the brand itself.
Plus CBD Oil was created by CV Sciences in 2014, making it one of the first hemp CBD oil brands operating in the United States. This company uses hemp seeds certified by the European Union when growing its hemp plants, and it also follows a strict CO2 extraction method when obtaining its CBD oil. This extraction process does not use harsh chemicals, is cold-based (which allows the cannabinoids and terpenes to be better preserved), and takes place in a facility that is European ISO Certified (that is, it meets or exceeds international regulatory requirements). If you’re new to CBD, this information may not seem all that important, but it essentially lets consumers know that Plus CBD products get their start from high-quality hemp seeds and plants.
Plus CBD strictly adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines, which isn’t always guaranteed among other CBD brands. For a bit of added peace of mind, all of the brand’s CBD oil products are third-party lab tested before anything is ever sent to the market.
Also noteworthy, Plus CBD Oil offers a variety of formulations with the intent to help customers find the dosage that is right for them, regardless of their experience with CBD. I appreciate the company’s belief in transparency and its commitment to helping people understand all of the benefits, as well as any side effects, associated with CBD products.
Plus CBD offers many pros to consumers seeking a hemp extract product, including:
- All products are gluten free and non-GMO.
- The company places a focus on education with product description videos, which is immensely helpful for CBD novices.
- Seed to shelf traceability allows for quality assurance and purity.
- You can reference lab test results that are batch specific.
- Lab testing goes above and beyond the industry standard.
Of course, along with the pros, we must also consider the cons:
- While lab testing is extensive, the results can be hard to find on the website.
- Plus CBD Oil products are made in the European Union, as opposed to the United States. (I typically lean more toward American grown hemp-derived products as they tend to offer more transparency into the farming process of the crops. However, testing for Plus CBD is conducted in the United States, and the products are available internationally.)
Best CBD products from Plus CBD
These full-spectrum CBD oil drops aren’t the strongest of the pack when it comes to potency, but that’s what makes them great for people just starting out with CBD. This tincture contains CBD, minor cannabinoids, terpenes, and fatty acids, which all help contribute to whole body health. There are three potencies available, and I tried the strongest option, which is still only 750 milligrams of CBD per 1 ounce of oil. However, I was a fan of the great flavor choices for these CBD oils, which includes an unsweetened option as well as peppermint and goji blueberry (my personal favorite).
Offered in 10-count and 30-count jars, these CBD gummies are perfect for beginners who want to try out an edible sample, or for long-term users who want a month-long supply. After trying these gummies, I can say one downside is the product’s consistency, which is a little tougher to chew through. With that said, these edibles offer an easy and efficient way to ensure your dosage is correct via a pre-measured 5 milligram serving of CBD. Infused with Plus CBD’s potent Gold Formula extract, these gummies are made from all organic ingredients, and they come in two delicious flavors: cherry mango and citrus punch.
I’m a big fan of CBD topicals, which were the first products I tried when I started my journey with CBD over two years ago. I really liked this product in particular because of its innovative method to applying CBD. The topical CBD roll-on helps the active hemp extract sink deep into the skin, which boosted my recovery post-exercise and provided soothing relaxation at the day’s end. In 200 and 500 milligram varieties, these CBD roll-ons will protect and beautify the skin with added benefits from other plant botanicals and vitamin E. The biggest perk? The CBD roll-on is easy to apply on the go and absorbs quickly with no mess.
Other important information on Plus CBD Oil
Plus CBD Oil products undergo extensive testing in San Diego, California. Furthermore, the CBD products are also tested by an independent third-party lab. Ultimately, this is vital to finding a high-quality CBD product because independent labs offer an unbiased analysis and insight on purity, quality, and potency.
When it comes to reading a lab test, it’s important to know the difference between certain acronyms. For instance, an “ND” stands for “Not Detected,” although you may see an analysis say 0% instead of ND. A similar but very different abbreviation is “NT,” which stands for “Not Tested,” and you should avoid any product that has not been tested thoroughly or has gaps in the testing of its cannabinoid composition. If third-party lab testing does not occur, you could end up with a cheap, low-quality, and even potentially unsafe product. Plus CBD, however, believes in total transparency, which is apparent given the fact that the company tests its products twice. Consumers are encouraged to access lab results, also called Certificates of Analysis.
Plus CBD offers many different products appealing to varied customer needs. The brand manufactures CBD creams and lotions, balms, softgels, CBD spray with EVOO, and much more. There are also some other interesting items, like the Total Plant Complex CBD Drops, which is a formula that is gently heated to convert all of the CBDA to CBD and is heralded as hemp extract at its best.
In closing, Plus CBD Oil is an outstanding brand that is passionate about educating consumers about the benefits associated with using CBD in any form, and making these products a part of their everyday life. I’d say this brand is well-suited for people who are trying CBD for the first time and may find this company particularly helpful thanks to its in-depth explanations about each individual product.
Plus CBD Oil and its parent company, CV Sciences, are committed to ensuring only the best products are brought to market and believe in thorough testing to ensure accuracy and purity. Ultimately, I consider Plus CBD to be a standout operating within the CBD industry, and its dedication to product offerings, manufacturing processes, and customers is commendable.
Josh Hurst is a journalist, critic, copywriter, and essayist. He lives in Knoxville, TN, with his wife and three sons. As a writer for Remedy Review, an independent CBD review site, Josh covers the relationship between cannabis-based products and the human body.
This content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice; it is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before consuming or using any of the products mentioned on this site.
Sign up for our Health Shopping newsletter to get your daily dose of retail therapy with great deals handpicked by our editors—straight to your inbox.
If you’re trying CBD for the first time, Plus CBD Oil may be the perfect brand for you. Learn more about its products from an expert review.
Plus CBD Oil Review April 2021
Overall CBDC Brand Rating: 8/10
PlusCBD is a brand by CV Sciences based in San Diego, California. Their testing facility is the first ISO-certified laboratory in Las Vegas.
- PlusCBD uses nutrient-rich hemp grown outdoors, using renewable and sustainable agricultural methods.
- PlusCBD sources its hemp from Europe. The brand uses EU-certified hemp seeds .
- Third-party laboratory results prove that their products are free from pesticides, heavy metals, fertilizers, and fungicides.
- PlusCBD oil drops are recommended for optimizing wellness. Studies have shown that cannabidiol (CBD) may help with sleep disorders, anxiety, inflammation, and many other ailments (1) .
Plus CBD Company Analysis:
PlusCBD is based in San Diego, California, USA. CV Sciences Inc., the company that produces the PlusCBD products , has a pharmaceutical division and consumer product division.
Their pharmaceutical division is pursuing approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( FDA ) for drugs that utilize cannabidiol as an active ingredient.
Their consumer products division has a wide range of botanical-based CBD products geared toward enhancing one’s quality of life.
Plus CBD products are available on their website https://www. pluscbdoil .com/ .
Source of Hemp
Range of Products/Forms
Lab Testing Transparency
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
THC Range of Products %
Their CBD gummies are available in cherry mango and citrus punch .
Lab Testing Availability
Tincture Carrier Oil
Vegan and Gluten-free
PlusCBD discount codes and CBD coupons are available. PlusCBD Oil promo code s are available off-site.
Recommended for Enhancing the Quality of Life
Many studies have mentioned how CBD might be useful in enhancing one’s quality of life by improving specific conditions, providing pain relief , and improving brain functions.
For example, CBD oil has been shown to reduce inflammation and alleviate chronic pain (4) . CBD has also been demonstrated to produce positive results among individuals with anxiety and sleep disorders (5) .
Moreover, CBD has also been shown to possess neuroprotective properties by improving cognitive functions in the brain (6) .
Source of Hemp
Due to strict regulations in the US, PlusCBD grows its hemp in Europe using EU-certified hemp seeds . PlusCBD uses only non-GMO organic hemp that undergoes the CO2-extraction method . This method does not use any heat or solvents, keeping the concentration rich and pure.
PlusCBD’s most popular items are the CBD oil products . This product is available in 1500mg, 750 mg, and 250 mg concentrations. Moreover, the full-spectrum compounds are suspended in hemp oil and extra-virgin olive oil . The formula also contains monk fruit and quillaja saponaria to serve as sweeteners.
PlusCBD oil drops are available in variants such as PlusCBD oil Gold Formula , CBD drops peppermint oil , and CBD drops unsweetened.
CBD oil softgels from PlusCBD also receive high ratings from customers. The softgels are available in three formulas: raw formula , gold formula , and total plant complex .
Plus CBD gummies are infused with gold formula extract. This formula contains cannabinoids , terpenes , and fatty acids .
Other popular products include CBD oil balm (rich in vitamin E ), CBD sprays , and CBD roll-ons.
PlusCBD products are all full-spectrum . This is a type of CBD oil concentration that contains other cannabinoids such as cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromene (CBC), and 0.3% or less tetrahydrocannabinol ( THC ).
Using all these cannabinoids creates the “entourage effect,” meaning an individual takes all the supposed benefits of hemp compounds in one serving.
Range of Products
Plus CBD products available:
- CBD oil drops (available in three variants)
- CBD oil gummies (available in two flavors)
- CBD balm (available in bottle or stick)
- CBD lotions and creams (available in two options)
- CBD serum (contains jojoba, sea buckthorn, coconut, turmeric, bergamot, kokum seed butter, and meadowfoam seed oil)
- CBD spray (available in three flavors)
- CBD oil capsules and softgels (available in three formulas)
Product prices range from $6.59 for CBD balm sticks to $71.99 for full-spectrum CBD oil drops .
The hemp extract is derived by using the CO2-extraction method . No heat or solvent is added to retain high concentrations of CBD.
Lab Testing Transparency
PlusCBD’s certificate of analysis (COA) is readily available on their website and product labels via QR code scan.
When looking at the brand’s official website, one can easily find the lab test results in the product description section.
PlusCBD uses a third-party ISO-certified laboratory based in Las Vegas, USA. Each batch produced by the brand is tested for potency and purity.
CBD Concentration per Serving Range
In a 30ml full-spectrum Plus CBD oil Drops Gold Formula peppermint flavor, the concentration of CBD is at 245.97 mg. The concentration of this product is based on the COA.
Here are the potencies (based from the COA) of some of the latest batches:
- PlusCBD Oil Drops Peppermint Gold Formula 30 ml bottle (250mg) – In 27 grams unit weight, the CBD concentration is at 245.97 mg with a potency of 9.1 mg per gram.
- PlusCBD Oil Drops Total Plant Complex 30 ml bottle – In 27 grams unit weight, the CBD concentration is at 300.59 mg with a potency of 11.1 mg per gram.
- PlusCBD Oil Softgels 60 CT 5mg Formula – In 0.42 grams unit weight, the CBD concentration is 6.27 mg with a potency of 1.0 mg per gram.
- Plus CBD Gummies 30 ct 5mg cherry mango – In 3.6 grams unit weight, the CBD concentration is at 7.17 mg with a potency of 1.91 mg per gram.
- PlusCBD oil 37 grams (100mg) Extra Strength Hemp Balm – In 37 grams unit weight, the concentration of CBD is at 98.58 grams with a potency of 2.7 mg per gram.
THC Range of Products (Less Than 0.3% – Non-psychoactive)
PlusCBD products are full-spectrum and contain 0.3% or less THC .
PlusCBD’s product line has several variants and flavors available. For example, the CBD oil drops come in three different variants, some containing flavoring while others do not. Other CBD products , such as CBD sprays and CBD gummies , also come in various flavors.
- PlusCBD oil drops – available in peppermint , unflavored , goji blueberry .
- PlusCBD oil gummies – available cherry mango and citrus punch .
- PlusCBD oil spray – available unflavored , peppermint , and cafe mocha .
- PlusCBD oil balm – available in original and extra strength gold.
Lab Testing Availability
PlusCBD laboratory results are available for customer’s viewing on their official website.
Tincture Carrier Oil
PlusCBD uses a combination of hemp oil and extra-virgin olive oil for their CBD gold drops .
Third-party laboratory test results are available on their official website.
Product prices range from $6.59 for CBD balm sticks to $71.99 for full-spectrum CBD oil drops .
Shipping and Delivery
PlusCBD ships internationally and to all 50 US states and territories. The company ships within 7 to 10 business days.
PlusCBD is consistent in having every batch they produce sent to an ISO-certified laboratory for testing.
Based on the certificate of analysis available on their website, PlusCBD is free from contaminants such as heavy metals, pesticides, fungicides, and other harmful chemicals.
It is PlusCBD’s company policy to accept returns and provide refunds to customers for unopened products returned within 14 business days from the customer’s date of delivery.
However, the company does not grant refunds if the product has been confiscated or seized by local customs authorities. The customers shall be responsible for researching the local regulation for CBD.
Customers can call the company hotline 1-855-PLUS-CBD or email [email protected] pluscbdoil .com for any inquiries and requests.
Aside from the affordability, PlusCBD is also proud to offer the best discounts for customers:
- Customers of PlusCBD oil can get a discount on their entire order upon checkout.
- Additional discounts codes are available on select items sitewide.
- Customers can get more discounts when they enter a coupon code at the checkout page.
- Customers can get discounts from coupon sites .
- Customers are encouraged to join the mailing list for chances to avail discounts on their next purchase.
PlusCBD ships internationally and to all 50 US states and territories. The list of countries is available on their website upon ordering the product.
Pros and Cons
|PlusCBD’s price range is affordable for most customers.||Lack of information on where their hemp plant is sourced|
|PlusCBD’s products are available in many variants and flavors.||CBD concentration inconsistencies|
|PlusCBD’s products are non-psychoactive||Lack of other types of CBD oil such as broad-spectrum and CBD isolate|
|PlusCBD has a wide range of products that can cater to different needs.|
|PlusCBD’s third-party laboratory is ISO-certified|
|PlusCBD’s website is easy to navigate.|
|PlusCBD ships internationally and to all US states and territories.|
|PlusCBD offers several discounts and free shipping to orders exceeding $75. PlusCBD oil coupon codes are also available off-site.|
- PlusCBD’s product prices are mid-range, which makes them more affordable compared to other CBD companies . Many CBD brands can go up to $400 for a few thousand milligrams of CBD. With prices ranging from $6.59 to $71.99, PlusCBD may be a good option for first time CBD users.
- The brand provides many options for customers. Their CBD oil drops come in many variants and flavors. Their softgels also come in three different formulas. Moreover, their CBD oil gummies and CBD oil sprays are also available in different flavors.
- PlusCBD provides many topical options, such as CBD creams, serums, and balms.
- PlusCBD full-spectrum CBD oil is non-psychoactive.
- PlusCBD uses an ISO-certified third-party laboratory.
- PlusCBD’s website is easy to navigate. The links to the certificate of analysis of each product are included in the product description. Customer reviews and product reviews can easily be found in the website.
- The brand ships internationally and to all US states and territories.
- The brand offers valuable CBD deals to customers and free shipping to orders exceeding $75. Customers can also avail a discount on their first order.
- Due to strict regulations in the USA, the agricultural hemp plants used in Plus CBD products are sourced from Europe. However, there is no mention of where the farms are located in Europe. This may not be appealing to customers who are very particular about where the CBD is sourced.
- There are minor inconsistencies in concentrations in a few of their products.
The PlusCBD Oil Drops Peppermint Gold Formula 30 ml bottle (wherein the advertised CBD concentration is at 250 mg) contains only 245.97 mg according to the COA (7) .
The PlusCBD Oil 37 grams Extra Strength Hemp Balm, which supposedly contains 100 mg of CBD , only contains 98.58 grams according to the COA (8) .
- The brand only sells full-spectrum CBD oil. Customers who are looking for CBD products without any traces of THC may have to look elsewhere.
Review of PlusCBD Products
PlusCBD Oil Spray 100mg/ 1oz
Plus CBD oil spray can be taken by spraying the product 1-2 times into the mouth. Each CBD oil spray contains up to 3 mg of CBD .
Available in three different flavors, the PlusCBD Oil spray contains up to 99.19 mg of CBD per 100 mg bottle. This product is recommended for first-time CBD users since CBD serving size is lower compared to the CBD drops.
PlusCBD Oil Drops Gold Formula 250mg/ 30ml
For individuals who are already accustomed to taking CBD, the PlusCBD Oil Drops Gold Formula is highly recommended since they contain higher CBD concentrations compared to CBD sprays.
This product is available in three concentrations and three flavors. Customers can take half a dropper full twice a day and gradually increase according to personal preference.
PlusCBD Oil Hemp Gummies 30 CT 5mg Cherry Mango
PlusCBD Gummies has 5mg of CBD per gummy. It is infused with PlusCBD Gold Formula CBD Oil Drops. Also, this product contains no artificial sweeteners.
PlusCBD Gummies is highly recommended for first-time users.
PlusCBD Softgel Total Plant Complex
PlusCBD Softgel is also recommended for first-time CBD users. It is available in three formulas: Raw Formula (CBDA and CBD), Total Plant Complex, and Gold Formula.
All the formula contain only four ingredients: CBD-rich hemp extract, olive oil, silica, and vegetarian capsule.
CBD has been shown to improve health conditions among individuals with sleep disorders, anxiety (9) , chronic pain, and inflammation (10) . People are now is becoming more popular among people who are looking for natural and alternative treatments.
Moreover, CBD is generally recognized as safe for daily consumption (11) .
The popularity of cannabinoids and their potential health benefits have led to an influx of many CBD oil brands . Deciphering among which CBD brands offer the highest quality at the best price can be a daunting task among customers.
Customers must look for brands with updated COAs. These laboratories must be ISO-certified and follow pharmaceutical standards.
In the case of PlusCBD, the website has an archive of all the batches’ COA. This makes it easy for customers to check expiry dates, production concentration, and potency.
The company aims not only to sell products but also to educate the customers regarding CBD and other cannabinoids .
PlusCBD strives to be vertically integrated and offer full traceability of their products (from seed to shelf ). Their expertise is not just limited to consumer products but also to CBD-infused pharmaceutical drugs that might one day treat many health conditions.
Individuals are advised to consult a medical professional before adding CBD to their daily regimen.
PlusCBD is a brand by CV Sciences based in San Diego, California. Their testing facility is the first ISO-certified laboratory in Las Vegas. PlusCBD uses nutrient-rich hemp grown outdoors, using renewable and sustainable agricultural methods. PlusCBD sources its hemp from Europe. The brand uses EU-certified hemp seeds.