CBD in Delaware
November 7, 2019
CBD oil has been on Delaware store shelves for a few years now, but where did it come from and what benefits does it have for consumers? NuLeaf Naturals wants to provide you with what you need to know about CBD oil including its legality and where to find CBD oil in Delaware.
Is CBD in Delaware Legal?
Under Delaware Senate Bill 17 (DE Medical Marijuana Act), Delaware residents must obtain a certification from their doctor and meet certain requirements to qualify for its medical marijuana program. Medical marijuana qualified patients can use any CBD products if they contain at least 15% CBD and less than 0.7% THC.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid that interacts without the body’s own endocannabinoid system. When CBD is ingested it binds to our body’s endocannabinoid system which is believed to cause several therapeutic benefits.
CBD Oil Terms You Should Know
Consumers can easily get confused by all the different terms and jargon when it comes to CBD. Use this glossary to differentiate between different types of CBD oil.
- Full Spectrum: Full spectrum indicates the entire plant was used to manufacture the CBD. Legal full spectrum CBD oil contains a negligible amount of THC.
- Broad Spectrum: Broad spectrum indicates the entire plant was used to manufacture the CBD, but that all THC has been removed. Broad spectrum CBD oil may lose other helpful compounds during production.
- CBD Isolate: CBD in its purest form. CBD isolate has fallen out of favor to full spectrum CBD.
- Hemp Oil: CBD oil derived from cannabis sativa (industrial hemp.) Hemp oil containing less than 0.3% THC is federally legal.
- Cannabis Oil: CBD oil derived from non-hemp sources is better known as cannabis CBD oil or cannabis oil.
Where to Buy CBD in Delaware
Consumers can find NuLeaf Naturals full spectrum CBD oil at several reputable outlets. Use our store finder to find a NuLeaf Naturals retailer near you. We only partner with reputable suppliers who can give you on-the-spot help in answering your questions.
If you’d rather not leave your home and still have CBD questions or need help finding the right product call our experts at 720-372-4842. If you’re ready to order CBD oil now, navigate to our shop page for more information on our CBD products and how to buy now.
CBD oil is federally legally so long as it contains less than 0.3% THC, as mandated by the 2018 Farm Bill. It may not be legal at a state, county, or local level. Check your local laws and regulations before buying CBD oil.
This guide may not be up to date on the current legislation at the state or local level. We recommend you do your research to understand the legalities surrounding CBD oil where you live.
Can you buy CBD in Delaware? Is it legal to possess? Read the NuLeaf Naturals guide to CBD oil in The First State and get started with changing your life for the better.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware in 2020
If you are trying to find the best deals on legal CBD oil in Delaware, this is the article for you.
Although Delaware historically doesn’t have the most friendly marijuana laws, there are still options for purchasing CBD oil online and in-store.
It’s usually easiest to shop for your products online rather than driving around town from store to store. You can find many of the same products online that you would find locally but the deals are often much better.
Shopping online also allows you to research the products quickly, which is important. The laws in Delaware regarding CBD oil can change significantly depending on how the CBD oil was made.
Table of Contents
- Buy CBD Oil in Delaware:
- Is CBD Legal in Delaware?
- Medical Marijuana Law in Delaware
- Eligible medical conditions for medical marijuana in Delaware:
- Medical Marijuana Law in Delaware
- Industrial-Hemp CBD Oil in Delaware
- How to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware
- Online Shops
- Local Stores in Delaware
- What Is CBD Oil? Why Is It So Popular?
- Recommended CBD Retailers in Delaware
- Final Notes on Buying CBD Oil in Delaware
Buy CBD Oil in Delaware:
- Royal CBD Oil— Best CBD Oil Overall
- Gold Bee CBD Gummies— Best CBD Gummies
- CBDistillery THC-Free Pure CBD Oil— Best CBD Isolate Oil
- Industrial Hemp Farms— Best CBD Flower
- Honest Paws CBD Oil For Dogs— Best CBD Oil For Dogs
Is CBD Legal in Delaware?
Yes, CBD oil is legal to purchase in Delaware, but you need to be aware of the law to avoid any trouble with the authorities.
Depending on whether or not your CBD oil contains THC, the legal circumstances can change.
Let’s examine the Delaware law regarding medical marijuana to see if you may be eligible to purchase CBD oil with a higher THC content.
Medical Marijuana Law in Delaware
In 2011, Delaware became the 16th state to legalize the use of medical marijuana.
Under the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act, residents of Delaware may apply for a medical marijuana license with the recommendation of a physician.
Additionally, you will need to pay a one-time $125 application fee and prove that you have an eligible condition.
Eligible medical conditions for medical marijuana in Delaware:
- Decompensated Cirrhosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe/debilitating pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures for more than three months or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects
- Severe nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Terminal illness
Strangely, this law doesn’t prevent an arrest for marijuana possession. It simply provides a legal defense if prosecuted.
If you are arrested for possession with a medical marijuana license, you may have a legal defense if you can satisfy the following conditions:
- You were in possession of no more than six ounces of marijuana and no plants.
- You possessed marijuana solely to treat or alleviate the patient’s severe or debilitating medical condition.
- Your physician has stated that you are likely to receive therapeutic benefit from marijuana to treat or alleviate your serious or debilitating medical condition.
- You didn’t possess marijuana on school grounds, on a school bus, in state-funded health care or treatment facility
- You weren’t smoking marijuana in a public place or in any form of transportation.
If you are under the age of 18, you may be able to apply for a medical marijuana license if you are suffering from one or more of the following conditions:
- Intractable epilepsy
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition where they have failed treatment involving one or more of the following symptoms
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Intractable nausea
- Severe, painful and persistent muscle spasms
Delaware recent passed “Rylie’s Law”, which permits caregivers to administer CBD oil to children with debilitating health conditions on school buses and school grounds.
Once you have obtained a medical marijuana license, you may be able to legally purchase CBD oil products through a local dispensary or easily find them online.
What if you don’t have a medical marijuana license?
Industrial-Hemp CBD Oil in Delaware
If you aren’t able to get a medical marijuana license, don’t worry. You can still legally purchase your favorite industrial-hemp products online and in-state.
Industrial hemp products are treated differently than those derived from flowering marijuana plants.
In 2014, the Federal government took hemp off of the Controlled Substances Act. This meant that farmers were legally allowed to grow hemp for paper, clothing, fuel, food, and research.
Luckily for those of you who are looking to buy CBD oil in Delaware, this small change means that industrial-hemp extracts are completely legal.
CBD oil derived from industrial hemp doesn’t typically contain enough THC (normally less than 0.3%) to get the user high. Using these products will get you all the benefits of CBD without the buzz.
You can find CBD oil in many different forms. It can be purchased as a tincture, cream, balm, wax, vape juice, and there are even products available for your pets.
Whether you decide to pick up your products online or in-store, there are a few things you should do to protect yourself from sketchy companies.
Read our guide below for finding quality CBD oils from a trustworthy supplier.
How to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware
As the laws and regulation around CBD evolve, it can be difficult to find quality products at a good price.
Some companies are advertising CBD oil as a miracle drug or selling items that contain significantly less CBD than they should.
You have come to the right place for finding quality CBD oil in Delaware. Follow these simple steps to protect yourself against sketchy companies.
- Always ensure that the CBD oils you purchase are double-checked by a third-party lab. These labs can test for unwanted chemicals or heavy metals and make sure the CBD content matches what the company is advertising.
- Another good sign is if the company’s industrial-hemp products manufactured using the CO2 extraction method. Producing CBD oil by CO2 extraction doesn’t require any additional solvents or heat. This means that your CBD will be pure and potent.
- Above everything else, make sure the company you choose doesn’t make wild claims about the potential of CBD. If a company is claiming that their product cures cancer, it’s a very good sign that they should be avoided. CBD oils have many health benefits, but they are not a miracle drug.
If you follow the advice above, you’re on the right track to finding a trustworthy source for your CBD needs. This advice applies to any product sold online or in-store.
Purchasing CBD oil online is by far the most convenient method in Delaware. It allows you to choose and compare many different products within a matter of minutes.
Why leave the comfort of your own home when you can get quality CBD products delivered straight to your door?
Another benefit of online stores is they often allow you to take advantage of bulk discounts or special offers that local shops wouldn’t be able to match.
Most importantly, shopping online gives you valuable information about the companies and products they offer that may be difficult to obtain in a local shop.
Driving from store to store to compare products takes time. If you are more comfortable shopping in person, there may be a local retailer with CBD oil near you.
Take a look at our list below for stores in Delaware who can help you with your CBD needs.
Local Stores in Delaware
Delaware does have a limited number of dispensaries who can help those with medical marijuana licenses.
If you don’t have a medical marijuana license, you will have to see if your local vape stores, head shops, and natural health retail outlets carry industrial-hemp products.
There are hundreds of product available in-stores. Remember to double-check the source of your CBD oil so that you know your CBD oil is legal.
Follow the advice above to make sure you are getting a quality product.
What Is CBD Oil? Why Is It So Popular?
In the United States, CBD oil is a brand new and exploding industry. In 2017, over $190 million worth of CBD oil products were sold. There is a huge market for CBD oil as a health supplement.
Many states have been changing their marijuana laws. As of November 2018, 33 states have successfully implemented medical marijuana programs, and eleven have legalized marijuana for recreational use.
People slowly realize that marijuana products don’t cause “reefer madness” and it has many different medical applications.
CBD is a chemical compound found in marijuana and hemp plants that has several health benefits. It has been shown to treat seizures, inflammation, pain, and anxiety.
It can be extracted from both flowering marijuana plants and industrial hemp plants; this is an important distinction because the law views the two products differently.
CBD oil extracted from flowering marijuana plants contains higher levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol); this is the chemical in marijuana that causes the user to feel high.
On the other hand, Industrial-hemp derived CBD oil contains very little THC (usually no more than 0.3%) and therefore doesn’t cause the high usually associated with marijuana.
This means that you can take advantage of all the health benefits of CBD oil without getting stoned.
Recommended CBD Retailers in Delaware
- First State Compassion Center
- Nature’s Way Medicine
- Canna Care Docs
- Your CBD Store
- Blue Monkey Vapes
- Crystal Dragon Fine Smoking Accessories
- Maxed Out Vape
- First State Vape
- First State Compassion Center
- Delaware Vapor
- All in One Smoke Shop
- RISE Dispensary
- Unreal Vapors
- Wesley’s Vape Shop
All of these stores should have helpful and knowledgeable employees who can point you in the right direction.
Final Notes on Buying CBD Oil in Delaware
Although Delaware has had trouble getting marijuana legalized, you shouldn’t have too many issues getting CBD oils in the state.
If you aren’t eligible for medical marijuana, you can still legally purchase industrial-hemp derived CBD oil without any concern from the authorities. There are a limited number of retail locations in the state who stock industrial-hemp derived CBD oil, so your best bet is to shop with a reliable online supplier.
Make sure you take the time to educate yourself about CBD because there are a lot of companies out there selling nothing but snake oil. Don’t get taken advantage of, do your research and buy online.
Although Delaware historically doesn’t have the most friendly marijuana laws, there are still options for purchasing CBD oil online.